Every year group learns through a series of topics, designed to build on subject knowledge and skills year on year. Most subjects are taught through these topics, with age-appropriate schemes of work for PSHE and PE. Maths and phonics are taught discreetly from the topic learning, using objectives from the National Curriculum and the Letters and Sounds guidance respectively.
Supporting our children with additional needs
The school's special educational needs and inclusion coordinator (SENCo) is Mrs Lobban. Her role is to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of SEN policies
- Support the identification of children with additional needs
- Liaise with external agencies
- Support parents with ensuring their child's needs are met, both at school and at home
- Support school staff to ensure the best care and provision, to meets the needs of every child in their class
Parent Carer Council
This is an independent organisation, run by parents/carers of children, who have additional needs or disabilities. They support children and young people aged 0 - 25 years.
The PCC can assist in enabling families by:
- Finding information that can support them, or signposting them to other organisations
- Enabling families to network with each other through activities and training events
- Assisting with the development of services
- Producing regular newsletters
- Offender training to parents and professionals
- Providing a forum for parents and carers to have their voice heard
Useful sites for families
This section is updated regularly, with the latest guidance, events and advice for families who have additional needs.